COVER UP Sealing membranes is a special composite material whose inner layer is a tensile geofabric made of high-density polyethylene (PEHD). This carrier fabric is fully covered on both sides with a triple coating of Low Density Polyethylene (PELD) in a special working process. This special combination of materials in sandwich construction allows COVER UP to be impermeable to liquids and gases despite its low thickness and low weight per unit area, while maintaining high mechanical resistance.
Project specific fabrication
The COVER UP Sealing membranes are prefabricated in the factory to form large tarpaulins. Furthermore, COVER UP geomembranes are also available in rolls.
Depending on the project, the width can range from 20 m to a maximum of 60 m and the length from 50 m up to a maximum of 200 m. For this purpose, individual sheets are welded together in a fully automated process to form one large tarpaulin. The production line is capable of making up to 20,000 m2 COVER UP tarpaulins per hour.
After welding, each tarpaulin is specially prepared for shipping. The COVER UP tarpaulin is carefully folded, equipped with lifting straps and provided with an easy-to-understand "unfolding sketch".
The prefabricated tarpaulins allows to reduce the connections to be made on the construction site to a minimum. This means that even large areas can be covered and sealed extremely quickly. Depending on the geometry of the structure and project-specific requirements, the prefabricated tarpaulins can also be produced in special formats if required. The effort required for installation on site can thus be reduced even further. The use of specially developed planning software made this additional service possible. This calculates the best possible result for the fabrication on the basis of the specified geometry.
On the construction site, the COVER UP Sealing membranes can simply be welded with hot air or sewn by machine. If required, the COVER UP tarpaulins can be equipped ex works with special accessories such as reinforced edges, handles, steel eyelets, buckles or Velcro fasteners.
COVER UP Sealing membranes are CE certified and undergo extensive quality management at the factory. Thanks to many years of experience gained from projects with a wide variety of requirements, the geomembrane has undergone continuous further development. Today's COVER UP provides the user with the right solution for temporary waterproofing.
- temporary surface sealing of landfills and contaminated sites against incoming precipitation water and the emission of landfill gases
- covering of mineral bulk materials to prevent soaking, dust formation and erosion
- protection of storage sites against weathering and solar radiation
- temporary emergency waterproofing of large roof areas of halls and industrial plants
- control of invasive plant species by large-scale covering of infested areas to deprive sprouting plants of light
- temporary waterproofing system for ponds, canals, retention basins and water reservoirs
- protection of the environment from leaking hazardous substances in tank farms, biogas plants and rinsing basins
- fast sealing and covering of large contaminated areas
- large tarpaulins thanks to factory prefabrication
- project-specific special formats possible
- good adaptation to building geometry
- high chemical and mechanical resistance
- optimum sealing effect against water and gases
- fast covering of large areas
- immediate sealing effect after laying
- friendly appearance due to green coloring
- high weather resistance even without covering
- quick and easy installation with 2 to 3 workers
- problem-free dismantling possible
- additional cost saving potential for landfills
- economical overall concept